Pacific Hills Lutheran Church holds traditional worship each Sunday at 8:00 am and 10:30 am, and Wednesdays at 9:30 am. Please check our Home page or calendar for current information on special services that may affect worship times.
In traditional Lutheran worship, the service is focused on God: He forgives all my sins, freeing me to thank and praise, serve and obey Him. The liturgies used are based on Holy Scripture with portions sung and other parts spoken. Scripture readings for the day determine the theme for the day. The last Sunday of many months, a separate liturgy, “Given for Me” by Charles Ore and Jaroslav Vajda, is used.
These worship services normally take place every week in the year in our sanctuary; during renovations we meet in Acker Hall. Please check our full calendar for occasional changes.
- Sunday Morning Eucharist, 8:00 am and 10:30 am: We celebrate the Eucharist (that is, the Lord’s Supper) as God brings His gift of forgiveness through His Word and Sacrament. We use the traditional liturgy that has been passed down through generations of Christian worshipers as it is currently printed in the Lutheran Service Book.
- Wednesday Morning Spoken Eucharist, 9:30 am: We follow the same traditional liturgy as our Sunday services, but spoken instead of sung.
Additional worship services typically include these events.
Fifth Sundays: When there is a fifth Sunday of a month, we typically combine the Sunday services, with one service at 9:00 am on that day.
Advent Services: During Advent, we typically gather for services on Wednesday afternoon and evening. Please check our service schedule for updates.
Lenten Mid-Week Services: On Wednesday afternoons and evenings during Lent, we typically worship with song and sermon.
Welcome to the Table of Our Lord
We invite those who share with us in the fellowship of faith to come to the Lord’s altar and receive, in the Holy Communion, the very body and blood of Jesus. Our Lord Jesus has given us His Holy Supper so we might receive into our lives His body and blood, under the elements of bread and wine, for the remission of our sins and thereby know in a physical, tangible way that we are forgiven and have eternal life through faith in Him.
Each who comes to the Table of our Lord should
- Be a Baptized Child of God;
- Have received scriptural instruction in Christ's means of meeting us in this Sacrament;
- Examine themselves by confessing their sins to God;
- 1 Corinthians 11:26-29
- Lutheran Service Book, p. 329
- Believe in Jesus as Savior and Lord from sin and death and who delivers us from the power of the devil;
- Desire the Holy Spirit's power to turn away from sin and live a Christ-like life;
- Recognize the Real Presence of Christ's body and blood (under the elements of bread and wine) for the forgiveness of sins.
If you are uncertain or have questions concerning your participation, please ask to speak with an elder, our pastor or an usher. If you are communing, please complete the communion portion of the Worship Card. Gluten-free wafers are available upon request. Alcohol-removed wine is in the center of the tray and the common chalice normally is available following individual cup distribution. Children and adults desiring to receive a blessing should cross their arms while at the communion rail.
Hearing Assist Units
Hearing assist units are available. Please ask an usher for assistance.
We thank you for silencing your mobile device during worship.
We ask our guests and members to complete a Worship Card located in the hymnal rack. The cards are received by the ushers during the worship service. You may request prayer or lift up a name by writing on the back of the card. First names will be read during the parish prayers.
For more information about Paciﬁc Hills you may speak with an usher, visit with a member in the welcome area, or call the church ofﬁce. You may also read about our ministries here on our website. While here you can also read our weekly newsletter, "The Paciﬁc Hills Messenger."