January is Sanctity of Life Month and we observe Sanctity of Life Sunday on January 22nd.
This year we again partner with Essential Pregnancy Services of Omaha to make a difference in the lives of at-risk mothers and their unborn and newly born children. EPS is our Mission of the Month for January. We are collecting diapers for children newborn to age 2, as well as baby bottles, diaper cream, onesies 18-24 mo. long sleeve; pullups sizes 2T -5T, silicone teethers, sippy cups, thermometers and toys for babies and toddlers. Cash donations are also much appreciated. Life is a gift from the Lord. Psalm 139:13-18 reminds us that we are "fearfully and wonderfully made."
- Published: 02 January 2023 02 January 2023
- Last Updated: 10 January 2023 10 January 2023
- Hits: 148 148
December is a festive time of year. The new church year begins with Advent and we all rejoice together at Christmas. Everything is colorful and decorative! Here are some music and worship items to look forward to at PHLC this December
- Published: 24 November 2022 24 November 2022
- Last Updated: 04 December 2022 04 December 2022
- Hits: 269 269
Advent is the first season in the “Time of Christmas.” The calendar of the Church begins with Advent (from the Latin, adventus, which means “coming” or “arrival”), a period of preparation before Christmas. The Savior’s Birth is second in importance only to His Resurrection on Easter Sunday.
Advent encompasses a time of spiritual preparation for the celebration of the Nativity of Jesus Christ at Christmas. This year, during Advent, we will begin exploring the Great “O” Antiphons and finish them during the Christmas Season. “An antiphon is a term we see in worship regularly. An antiphon is a refrain that is sung before (and sometimes after and during) a Psalm or other song, and it’s typically a Bible verse or a historic liturgical text. A common example is in Matins, when the pastor and congregation sing, “Blessed be God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; O come, let us worship him,” both before and after the Venite, “O come, let us sing to the Lord” (Lutheran Service Book, 220-221).
- Published: 20 November 2022 20 November 2022
- Last Updated: 24 November 2022 24 November 2022
- Hits: 165 165
It's hard to believe we're almost a week away from Reformation Sunday! We have some exciting things coming up over the next couple months to look forward to! Reformation Sunday, October 30th, will have lots of music! The 9:00 a.m. service will feature The Brass Pack, a brass quintet from UNO, the choir, and the bell choir! Directly after the service we will be introduced to the architects and contractors followed by a time of fellowship.
- Published: 22 October 2022 22 October 2022
- Last Updated: 22 October 2022 22 October 2022
- Hits: 239 239
There will be an organ concert featuring Brent Shaw on Sunday, October 30th at 3 p.m. at Pacific Hills Lutheran Church.
Please join us for our first concert in our 2022-2023 Concert Series at Pacific Hills Lutheran Church. Our first concert will feature Brent
Shaw, organist and carillonneur, on Sunday, October 30th, 2022 at 3 p.m.
- Published: 24 September 2022 24 September 2022
- Last Updated: 16 October 2022 16 October 2022
- Hits: 441 441
It has been 21 years since that horrific day. I was a new pastor on 9/11. I just began my ministry, having been ordained just two days before. Those of us who can remember 9/11, probably remember where we were, and what we were doing, just like the people of the WWII generation remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news that Pearl Harbor had been attacked, or years later that President Kennedy had been assassinated. Some days are just etched in our memory and 9/11 is one of them.
- Published: 09 September 2022 09 September 2022
- Last Updated: 09 September 2022 09 September 2022
- Hits: 276 276
September 11th is Rally Day Kickoff Sunday!
Rally Day at Pacific Hills signals to us that the summer has ended and the fall program is underway. Sunday school classes will begin their new program on September 11th. Our youth confirmation classes will have started up a few days earlier on September 7th.
Rally Day festivities will take place during the Sunday School hour in Acker Hall and will include breakfast items and other refreshments. Pastor will discuss our Milestone Ministry, the Four Keys to Nurturing Faith and our Enduring Faith Curriculum. After this opening, the students will be dismissed to their classrooms for abbreviated instruction.
- Published: 27 August 2022 27 August 2022
- Last Updated: 27 August 2022 27 August 2022
- Hits: 358 358
We had a great Church Picnic last Sunday 07/31/2022. After the combined 9:00 worship service there was an extended hymn sing. In Acker Hall, we enjoyed a presentation about our representatives at the LCMS Youth Gathering, held earlier in July in Houston, TX, with the theme "In All Things." The picnic featured brats, sauerkraut and plenty of fixings as well as delicious ice cream sundaes. We enjoyed fellowship and games outside in the afternoon.
- Published: 02 August 2022 02 August 2022
- Last Updated: 03 August 2022 03 August 2022
- Hits: 416 416
We have some exciting music opportunities this Sunday!
- Hymn Sing - Starting 10 minutes prior to each worship service, we will have a Hymn Sing. This is your chance to call out any hymn in the hymnal and sing a few verses!
- Pop-Up Choir - You can also take part in the Pop-Up Choir. The Pop-Up Choir will meet at 9:30 AM in the balcony to learn and rehearse One Bread, One Body. All are welcome with no future obligation to the choir. We will sing at the 10:30 AM service.
- Courtyard Jazz -We recently had our first Courtyard Jazz concert with the Suzie Thorne Band - it was a great time! We hope you can join us for the other two concerts on July 17th and August 21st!
- Published: 09 July 2022 09 July 2022
- Last Updated: 09 July 2022 09 July 2022
- Hits: 524 524
- Published: 10 June 2022 10 June 2022
- Last Updated: 16 July 2022 16 July 2022
- Hits: 433 433