It has been 21 years since that horrific day. I was a new pastor on 9/11. I just began my ministry, having been ordained just two days before. Those of us who can remember 9/11, probably remember where we were, and what we were doing, just like the people of the WWII generation remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news that Pearl Harbor had been attacked, or years later that President Kennedy had been assassinated. Some days are just etched in our memory and 9/11 is one of them.
- Published: 09 September 2022 09 September 2022
- Last Updated: 09 September 2022 09 September 2022
- Hits: 347 347
September 11th is Rally Day Kickoff Sunday!
Rally Day at Pacific Hills signals to us that the summer has ended and the fall program is underway. Sunday school classes will begin their new program on September 11th. Our youth confirmation classes will have started up a few days earlier on September 7th.
Rally Day festivities will take place during the Sunday School hour in Acker Hall and will include breakfast items and other refreshments. Pastor will discuss our Milestone Ministry, the Four Keys to Nurturing Faith and our Enduring Faith Curriculum. After this opening, the students will be dismissed to their classrooms for abbreviated instruction.
- Published: 27 August 2022 27 August 2022
- Last Updated: 27 August 2022 27 August 2022
- Hits: 426 426
We had a great Church Picnic last Sunday 07/31/2022. After the combined 9:00 worship service there was an extended hymn sing. In Acker Hall, we enjoyed a presentation about our representatives at the LCMS Youth Gathering, held earlier in July in Houston, TX, with the theme "In All Things." The picnic featured brats, sauerkraut and plenty of fixings as well as delicious ice cream sundaes. We enjoyed fellowship and games outside in the afternoon.
- Published: 02 August 2022 02 August 2022
- Last Updated: 03 August 2022 03 August 2022
- Hits: 481 481
We have some exciting music opportunities this Sunday!
- Hymn Sing - Starting 10 minutes prior to each worship service, we will have a Hymn Sing. This is your chance to call out any hymn in the hymnal and sing a few verses!
- Pop-Up Choir - You can also take part in the Pop-Up Choir. The Pop-Up Choir will meet at 9:30 AM in the balcony to learn and rehearse One Bread, One Body. All are welcome with no future obligation to the choir. We will sing at the 10:30 AM service.
- Courtyard Jazz -We recently had our first Courtyard Jazz concert with the Suzie Thorne Band - it was a great time! We hope you can join us for the other two concerts on July 17th and August 21st!
- Published: 09 July 2022 09 July 2022
- Last Updated: 09 July 2022 09 July 2022
- Hits: 579 579
- Published: 10 June 2022 10 June 2022
- Last Updated: 16 July 2022 16 July 2022
- Hits: 477 477
As most of you know by now Jim Mueller has been commissioned as our Lay Minister. Some people have asked, “Pastor, what’s a lay minister?” That’s a good question. Though a church has at least one pastor, some churches also rely on lay ministers to support the ministry of the church.
The term “lay minister” is used here in the Nebraska District but in my former district, the Kansas District, lay ministers were called “deacons.” A Lay Minister, or deacon, in many ways is like an Elder, only with more extensive training through the district. Men, who have gone through this training, and have been certified through the district, are able to serve in a congregation under the supervision of an ordained pastor.
- Published: 10 June 2022 10 June 2022
- Last Updated: 10 June 2022 10 June 2022
- Hits: 558 558
It is hard to believe Summer is already approaching on us! There are many things going on for each of us, whether it is Confirmation, End of School, Graduation Parties, Vacation Planning, or just your regular busy lives, it is important to remember to take a breath and enjoy the moment! Here are some musical items and information you have to look forward to this Summer at PHLC!
- Published: 28 May 2022 28 May 2022
- Last Updated: 30 May 2022 30 May 2022
- Hits: 896 896
Our own Jim Mueller was Commissioned as Lay Minister on Sunday, May 22, 2022 at Pacific Hills Lutheran Church. Congratulations and thanks, Jim!
Jim is and elder, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, and friend in Christ. He has served Pacific Hills in various positions over the years, and as Lay Minister will be assisting Pastor Drebes with various duties, including sermons. We thank God for him, and ask Him to bestow great blessings upon his future!
We thank God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit for the inspiration, teaching, love, support, and blessings to all Lay Ministers and Pastors of the Lutheran Church.
- Published: 26 May 2022 26 May 2022
- Last Updated: 27 May 2022 27 May 2022
- Hits: 557 557
We have some significant events coming up in the life of Pacific Hills.
Mr. Jim Mueller will be Commissioned as Lay Minister at both the 8:00 and 10:30 am services. Rev. President Richard Snow, Rev. Dr. Russell Sommerfeld, and Rev. Dr. William Moorhead will be our distinguished guests. President Snow will speak, during the education hour.
- Published: 14 May 2022 14 May 2022
- Last Updated: 14 May 2022 14 May 2022
- Hits: 686 686
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well- being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, make choices, and relate to others. At every stage of life - from childhood and adolescence through adulthood – mental health matters.
- Published: 07 May 2022 07 May 2022
- Last Updated: 07 May 2022 07 May 2022
- Hits: 517 517