Summer 2023 Music at Pacific Hills Lutheran Church
It's hard to believe we are already at Pentecost Sunday and summer! This spring we've had wonderful music throughout the worship services,
from the brass quartet on Easter, to the Cello Concert and Concordia University Handbell Choir Concert for our Concert Series, and also the music shared by our talented congregational musicians in the choir, bell choir, cantors, and instrumentalists. Please be sure to thank these musicians for their time and hard work they do to make PHLC have beautiful music!
The music doesn't stop with summer! Here are some opportunities to participate in:
- June 18th: Courtyard Jazz Concert at 7 p.m.
- June 25th: Hymn Sing prior to each worship service
- July 16th: Courtyard Jazz Concert at 7 p.m.
- July 23rd: One Service at Chalco Hills (Stay tuned for more information
- from Pastor Bryan and The Elders)
- July 30th: Hymn Sing prior to each worship service
- August 20th: Courtyard Jazz Concert at 7 p.m. Before the music begins, enjoy some free food & fellowship at a courtyard cookout! Burgers & dogs will be ready from the grill at 6pm.
- September 10th: Bell Choir and Choir resumes rehearsals (New ensemble
- members are most welcome!)
Zach Hastings Director of Music
Zach studied organ performance at Iowa State University, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Music in 2016. He has been an organist, bell choir director, and director of worship primarily in the central Iowa area. He continually seeks opportunities to grow as a musician through various conferences and seminars. Zach currently serves on the Central Iowa American Guild of Organists (AGO) Executive Committee, and on the American Guild of Organists Young Organists (AGOYO) National Board.